July 25-28, 2018
Organized camping is a creative, educational experience in cooperative group living in the outdoors. It uses the natural surroundings to contribute significantly to physical, mental, spiritual, and social growth.
- Camping contributes to good health.
- Camping helps campers develop self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Camping enhances spiritual growth.
- Camping contributes to social development.
- Camping is an experience in citizenship training.
Scouts will be working on Tenderfoot, Second Class and First Class requirements. Scouts will participate in canoeing, swimming and more.
The registration fee is $10.00 for Scouts.
Registration Part 1 (for Scouts and adults) Registration Part 2 (adults only)
Scouts should be dropped off for camp on July 25, 2018, at the Cockrell Scout Center (2225 N Loop W, Houston, TX 77008) at 11:00 am.
Scouts should be picked up on July 28, 2018, at the Cockrell Scout Center (2225 N Loop W, Houston, TX 77008) at 1:00 pm.
What to Bring
- Completed BSA Health and Medical Record ("All Scouting Events" version)
- Compliance Form
- Sleeping bag or blanket
- Two towels (swimming, bath)
- Toiletries (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant)
- Clothes, underwear and socks
- Closed toed shoes (tennis shoes) and an old pair of shoes
- Jeans or long pants (old pair)
- Flashlight (with fresh batteries and extra set of batteries)
- Water bottle
- Hat (e.g., baseball cap)
- Religious book
- Scout Handbook
- Sleeping bag
- Shower shoes or flip-flops
- Medicated powder
Things not to bring to camp
- Electronic games / devices
- Pocket knife
- Sheath knives
- Expressive shoes, dress shoes or expensive clothes
- Excessive cash
Ronald George at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-598-6794